Everyone, moms especially, deserve a chance to relax before falling down in bed after a busy and exhausting day! Whether one kid or five kids, it seems like there is never enough time. That being said, taking care of yourself is so important! How can we be happy moms when we are constantly stressed and overwhelmed. So below are five ideas that take little time and money to help you relax and unwind.
- Take a bath – this is my favorite way to relax! Add some lavender bath salts and light a candle and it’ll melt my worries away. I will be introducing my homemade lavender bath salts very soon so please look for an announcement on that! If you can think of any other varieties you would be interested in please contact me!
- Read a book – I didn’t read as much when my daughter was young but have recently started enjoying it again. I love reading happy romance novels. I am such a sucker for fairy tale endings! I typically have quite a few books next to me on the couch. I go between fiction books and topics I have researched.
- Drink a glass of wine – my favorite is pink moscato. I don’t drink it very often so when I do it feels like a special occasion. You can get very tasty bottles of wine for less than $10. Pick them up while on sale and save them for a day when you really need to unwind.
- Meditate – this is something that I would like to explore more. It is so hard to quiet my mind. It is always racing with a millions thoughts – I am a mom after all! Even two minutes of sitting in complete silence would probably help to relax me.
- Get a quick massage – if you have a significant other this is really easy. Take turns or offer to do some chore for your significant other for just a little massage. I love to get my head rubbed. It almost relaxes me just as much as a back rub.
Sometimes I like to combine different ways of relaxing, like drinking a glass of wine while reading or taking a bath while reading, but whatever is easiest for you is what I want you to do. Try to implement two of these ideas this week and see how it makes you feel.
Want more tips? Get my FREE tips to relaxing here!
Check out my Homemade Lavender Bath Salts to get started on relaxing today!
Can you think of any others that we can add to the list? Comment below.