So are you ones of those moms? #DoingAllTheThings? I feel you! I’ve been there before. I’ve tried to stuff every imaginable activity into the Christmas season and before New Years I am completely burnt out! Try something different this year!
I want to give you 3 tips that will help you enjoy Christmas without the hustle and bustle. Promise you and your family that you will take time to breathe and truly enjoy this season!
Pick 3 must do activities!
- I promise you that it will be okay if you don’t attend every Christmas parade, Christmas tree lighting and Christmas play! In an effort to make sure that families have a multitude of choices during the Christmas season, we now feel like we have to participate in all the activities! Please do not feel guilty when you don’t. It creates way too much pressure and busyness. Talk with your family and see what’s most important. It will be much calmer if you focus on only 3 activities. For my family this year we went to cut down a Christmas tree and we always go see some Christmas lights around town. I’m not sure what our third activity will be.
Plan in Advance.
- Make sure that you know in advance all of your commitments. Pencil in when the kids are off school and when their Christmas concerts are. Decide before Thanksgiving whose house you are going to for Christmas. If your family loves the city’s Christmas tree lighting, find out when it is and clear your schedule.
- Set up your baking/cooking ahead of time as well. If you like to bake cookies, figure out what type and make a grocery list. Plan your holiday meal and add that to the grocery list as well. Buy ahead what you can to avoid the holiday rush.
Finally, enjoy the small things.
- Drink some eggnog and listen to Christmas music while decorating your tree. Sit in the dark with your spouse with only the Christmas tree lights on. Have a snowball fight with your kids. Bake Christmas cookies. Whatever pleases you, just make sure it’s done at home and slowly.
- Check out my Etsy shop to pick up some great bath salts to get some much deserved me time!
- Need help relaxing? Look over my Resources for Busy Moms!